12 June 2011

Road Zombies 16th BBQ 6/11/11

Sixteen years ago, I was a snot-nosed punk-ass ten year old on a skateboard without a thought about cars more than to avoid them when they roll out of driveways. Little did I know that over the hills in the South Bay there was an event taking shape that would grow to define exactly what every car club BBQ should aspire to be.

This year was the sixteenth annual Road Zombies BBQ in Santa Clara, and it could not possibly have come on a more perfect day. I was here again as a vendor, so I was sure to make it out early to get my usual spot. Josie packed me a stunning tray of donuts for the morning, which took a great deal of restraint and composure to deliver intact.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The car ran fine, and I made it there with plenty of time to set up and take in the scenery. The Elks Lodge in Santa Clara is really everything you'd want for a car show/BBQ location: green grass, a big area for sitting in the shade, and a surly bartender. Every time we do this show I appreciate the venue a little more.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Another great thing about showing up early on the damp lawn is that your car has time to sink into the grass and look a little lower by the end of the show.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I didn't get a lot of time to walk around since I was vending solo, but fortunately the few cars I saw were well worth the trip by themselves. Thank you to everyone who came out and made this show happen. If you're in the area, you owe it to yourself to make it out to this one, it's one of the most fun and laid-back shows that we go to. Here's the few pics that I got, they're mostly from the early morning, enjoy:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


This is pretty much the vibe here by the end of the day, good times.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Really wish I had more time to check out Ahmad's truck, this was it's first show:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

That's all I got, be sure to check the HAMB for more comprehensive coverage. Thanks for reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts